- The 2nd PLATOON Open Call will distribute €1 050 000 among 7 bottom-up projects to extend existing products/services by integrating them into the PLATOON ecosystem and validating them in PLATOON’s large-scale pilots.
- 7 SMEs will enter the PLATOON Support Programme benefiting from technical mentoring services.
PLATOON’s 2nd Open Call for bottom-up projects launches today and is calling all SMEs working with a tech solution that can be used to digitise the energy sector (interoperability layer, data governance, and security framework, data analytics tools, etc.) to apply to this funding opportunity. The Open Call will stay open until the 1st December 2021, at 9:00 (CET, Brussels local time).
The beneficiaries will contribute towards the success of PLATOON’s goal: that is to increase renewable energy consumption, smart grid management, increased energy efficiency, and optimised energy asset management.
Through the application process, candidates are free to propose their own product/service based on the project information provided in the Guide for Applicants regarding project objectives, reference architecture, components already under development, and the available large-scale pilots.
7 selected SMEs will get a maximum of €150,000 in funding each and they will access a 9-month Support Programme receiving mentoring from PLATOON’s core partners.
In order to be eligible for this call, candidates must have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Data governance, security, privacy, and sovereignty;
- Digital Interoperability (APIs and Data models);
- Data Analytics applications in energy (such as Energy usage optimization, Predictive maintenance, Demand forecast, etc);
- Edge computing (SW/HW).
SMEs from EU member states and H2020 Associated Countries are expected to APPLY for the 2nd Open Call before 1st December 2021 at 9:00 CET (Brussels local time).